Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthday Girl

Look at this happy little 2 year old!! Gray has been highly anticipating her birthday for weeks now. She's been singing the birthday song to herself everyday for weeks - so needless to say she was very happy when the day actually arrived. This little girl is spoiled rotten. She had four - yes four birthday celebrations. She's been pumped full of junk food and sugar for almost an entire week. Birthdays are big around here so celebrating for a week is just our style!!
I must admit this birthday was a little tough for me - I couldn't get through the happy birthday song without tearing up. Each day with Gray is so special but there is just something monumental about 2. The baby days are over and I find that each day our little girl is becoming so much more independent. She's getting herself dressed, brushing her own teeth, she will not hold my hand going up or down the stairs and the list goes on and on. Paul and I fall more and more in love with each new day. She is the light of our life!! Here are a few "gray updates" and stay tuned for birthday pictures later this week.

  • Loves to sing!! She sings Happy Birthday, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Jesus Loves Me, Open Shut Them. Her little singing voice is just precious!!
  • Knows all of her shapes, numbers, and colors. Her favorite shape is the trapezoid (yes, I had to look this one up online because he asks me to draw it daily). Her favorite color is pink and her favorite number is 2.
  • Sleeping great - but we have a rough time every morning getting her up and dressed. I swear the child would prefer to stay in her pj's with a soaking wet diaper all day.
  • Says her prayers everynight and will not going to bed without saying the names of all of her friends and family members.
  • Her favorite book is Goodnight Moon and she waves goodnight with each page we read
  • When she has a poopy diaper she yells "MOMMY, I didn't poop... I didn't"
  • She has full conversations with our dog Jake. And everytime she looks at me and says "Mommy, Jake's not listening to me."
  • She loves to tell Paul he is cute and just started telling me that I am pretty.

One quick story for you. There is a little girl named Kallie in the neighborhood that goes to school with Gray 2 days a week. We have decided to start carpooling and last week Gray got into Kallies car and off to school they went. About half way to school this was the conversation.

Gray: Where's my mommy

Kristin (Kalli's Mom) You're mommy went to work.

Gray: Where's my daddy

Kristin: Your daddy is at work too

Gray: Why???

Kristin: Because they went to make money.

There was a long moment of silence...

Gray: Well I don't have to work because I have lots of money in my pocketbook.

She is our sweet and simple girl - and now I want to stop the clock. 2 is old enough :)

2 comments:

  1. Gray loves pink color because she is Grandpa's little Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet :) she is a doll! 2 is fun! they are starting to be little ladies! enjoy her, she is a sweet pea! love, Ali Parris

    ReplyDelete