Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 4th, 2010

happy july 4th!! We hope you had a great holiday and took a moment to remember the ones who fight for our freedom, past present and future!! We had a wonderful holiday weekend and the best part was he homecoming of our little girl. Gray was invited to visit MiMi in Durham for 9 days!! She had such a great time and was spoiled rotten!! Although the 9 days apart was tough - we realize how lucky Gray is to have a MiMi that loves her more than words!! I remember when I was a little girl - i would spend a week with my grandmother every summer!! I have the best memories from those trips and I know Gray is going to have the same. With all of the "free" time Paul and I were able to do things outside of our normal routine. We had such great week together. So thank you MiMi for keeping our little princess!! Gray arrived home Sunday afternoon July 4th. We had a housefull of friends over Sunday night for a cookout and then the entire crew went down to our neighbors house for a fireworks show!! Gray loved the fireworks and was such a little helper picking out the one to light next and handing them to the guys in charge!!

It was such a joy to celebrate with Gray this year! She is growing into such little lady and she takes advantage of any opportunity to celebrate!! As I laid her down to bed on Monday night she put her hands in the air and said "TICK, TICK... BOOM... Goodnight Mommy". I guess the fireworks made a lasting impression on her little mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment