Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Week of Bliss....

A week of bliss... that's what it was!! The last week of July was a week for mommy/daughter time!! I recently acccepted a new job and decided to take a week off before starting this new chapter. I got to enjoy the week with Gray and we did nothing but play, play and more play!! I must admit going into the week I was a little nervous. I've always been a working mom. The weeks we have spent together consisted of vacations and crazy travels. I was anxious to have her Monday - Friday and more importantly, anxious about figuring how to fill up our days with fun and cheap activities!!! Well...my week was a success. We had the best time. By Friday I was trying to negotiate in my mind how I could decline the job offer and stay home with my baby full time. It was a week of bliss!! I tip my hat to all of the women who stay at home with their children. It's a full time job. It's harder than anything corporate america could ever throw your way.
Our week started off with a day of running errands!! Since my last job was a work from home position, I was able to get a lot of my errands done during the week. It's tough running errands with a 2 year old. It took a lot longer than usual but we had so much fun doing it. We spent atleast an hour at the Target dollar bin - and Gray racked up on some new goodies. Cheap and fun!! We had lunch with Paul at his office... Gray loved seeing where her daddy works.
Tuesday we packed up early, drove to the lightrail station and began our venture to Discovery Place. It was awesome to take Gray to a place where I played as a little girl. She loved it. There were so many things to do. She loved the aquariums and the water tables. She touched a snake and we walked the drawbridge in the rainforest. Aunt Anna was able to join us for a few hours too - so that made it even better!! On our way out we made a pit stop at the gift shop where she picked out her dinosaur silly-bands. She still has not taken them off!!
Friday was another big outing... we met Holly and the Wilder boys at ImaginOn. This is a HUGE library downtown with so much to do. The kids listened to a story-teller and put on a puppet show. We wrapped up with lunch downtown and hopped back on the train for our ride home. Gray loves riding the train. She made a few friends and even pointed out to a homeless lady that her feet and hair were dirty. Oh how I love the honesty of a two year old.
Above, Gray is amazed by the shark tank at discovery place!! Below - smiling for the camera on the lightrail heading downtown!!
Jack and Gray outside of ImaginOn. The stuff outside is almost as fun as everything inside! Bubbles on the back porch...

A few more pictures from ImaginOn.
What a wonderful week it was! My little girl is growing up right before my eyes.... I wish I could stop the clock and hold onto every moment. And now, I've made a promise to myself. There's no need for vacation or crazy plans. A WEEK OF BLISS will be a tradition for us every summer. I can't wait!!







No comments:

Post a Comment