Monday, December 28, 2009

A Special Trip to see the Big Guy!!


So who gave me the bright idea to plan a trip to see Santa on the Saturday before Christmas? I didn't learn until this day that it's called Super Saturday - and it's called that for a reason. The mall is out of control with those last minute shoppers... kids running everywhere... packed play areas and everything but the warmth of the holiday season! I mean why can't everyone be like me and finish up all Christmas shopping by the first week of December (this was the first year ever that has happened!!)? So Grandpa Mike was in town and we packed up the car and headed the the mall... we got lucky. We got there right at 10am and there was not much of a line to see Santa. Gray doesn't like lines - she doesn't have much patience so she ran wild with Daddy & Grandpa while I waited patiently for our turn. I thought she might do ok but I really had no expectations. Even if she was screaming and crying I wanted a picture of her with Santa - I want one every year!! They had Elmo behind the camera which I just knew was the answer to my prayers - Elmo always makes her smile!! So it was our turn... Paul and I went up with her in hopes of getting her warmed up to Mr. Clause. She was interested for a few minutes and then just got a little scared - no tears, just scared. Look at that face!! I didn't have the heart to leave her there for more than one picture....but I got my picture, right??? And for all you mommies in Charlotte - the Santa at Carolina Place is just great!! He was the best Santa I've seen in awhile and so great with kids!! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment